Oh Hallelujah, even though we had a mild winter, it is pretty much over. Spring has sprung. The daffodils are everywhere. The tulip trees have started to bloom. I even had an iris bloom over the weekend. I love, love, love Spring.
The past week was interesting. After working for over a year to reach the goal of running the half marathon, it felt odd to have that one "under my belt". I have learned enough about myself to know I have to keep goals set or else I get laaazzzy. So...
1. I've set my next half marathon for December. That'll give me the kick I need after the heat of summer to get serious about running again.
2. I'm going to count it as an accomplishment that I wasn't really sore last week after the Half. Yes, my body was tired once I'd finished, but nothing was sore by Monday morning. I owe that to good training.
3. My husband who works a very physical job and wouldn't have time to train for a long running event decided that as much as he loves cheering us on he wants a piece of the action. So he's decided to run a few 5ks with the family this year. That will be fun. His 6'3" self will probably be able to walk and stay at the same pace as my short-legged run!
He and the boys have also been inspired to start doing set-ups and push-ups every night. I made them a funny chart and cheer them on!
4. I decided to start waking up earlier which I've done for the past week. That will help me run a little later into the season as it gets hot quick around here.
5. Lastly, I've been thinking of yoga for some time. I started with a yoga DVD this morning before I ran. I'm looking forward to it. It'll help to keep me focused through the heat of summer.
Seems to be a theme going on here. I love the Spring, but down here we can't help but dread the heat that is just around the corner. Last summer, I didn't do so well at exercising throughout those months. So I'm setting new goals for myself to stay on track this year.
So how was your week? What did you do right?
going out to you all,