There are so many of them... there's only one of me.... and with the older 2 on Spring Break this week, I know I must devise a plan to ensure I meet my goals in addition to everyone else's needs. Supermom? Maybe not, but hey, it gives me something to strive for!
Stay in Sparkpeople Calorie Range & Track- 5 days minimum
I remember when this was not difficult for me most days, but since rejoining spark, I struggle more. So I have been trying to remember some of my former techniques for success without feeling deprived, and I came up with the following techniques to employ this week:
* Try to keep all meals & snacks below 300 calories, snacks preferably below 200 (with the exception of dinner, where I allowed around 500 calories)
* Switching to new lowfat coffee creamer
* Planning the menu ahead when possible, and not letting the kids talk me into junk food that will blow the plan (happened 1X last week when a certain little rapscallion talked me into buying a box of pop tarts in the grocery store... I planned to only eat 1, but when dinner was running late, that turned into 2... I know better than to buy any junk food I love in more than a single serve size! Well, it won't happen this week, little diet saboteurs!).
* Cutting back on portion size of treats
* Complete Sparks 5k training plan goals for the week
* At least 2 walks of 2 hrs or more
Strength Training--- TBA... my free pass to the YMCA expired today...
but we are applying for a mortgage & every purchase is questioned... so we may need to put a gym membership on hold for a while. I'm going to have Walt ask the mortgage guy if it's ok... in the meantime, I may try a free week at Lifestyles Fitness... I'll see how the week unfolds.
HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WEEK EVERYONE!