I am 40 lbs lighter than I was on January 2, 2012 when I began this journey. Yes, you read that right. 40!!!
Here I was on January 2, 2012:
And, here I was this morning (March 3, 2012):
The sad part? It's not as noticable as I'd like it to be, because I still have so far to go. My husband says he can tell, and of course, I can tell, but it's still hard to have dropped 40 lbs and not have anyone else notice (or, if they are noticing, nobody is commenting. Boo.) But, rather than wallow in self-pity, I came up with this list of ways I can tell that this SparkPeople thing is working:
1) Anything with a label of 22W or 20W is now too big on me!!! 62 days ago, I was busting out of size 22W clothes. I now was able to sell some of the better stuff on ebay, and donate the rest to Goodwill. Woohoo!!
2) Putting on and tying shoes: Much easier now than on January 2!
3) I can now keep up with (most of) my twice-weekly Bodypump classes at the Y! Sure, I'm still the biggest one in the class. But I'm getting smaller, and stronger.
4) I can go for an HOUR on the treadmill now, and can cover 4 miles in that time!
5) When I'm on the treadmill, I can run for 21 out of the first 30 minutes (in intervals). I'm following the SparkPeople 5k your way plan, and was sure there was NO way I could do these workouts. Guess what people? It's 90% a mental game. Do I look funny running on the treadmill at the gym? I'm sure I do, but I'm past worrying about what everyone is thinking of me. Let them look at the fat bouncing up and down. Lol.
6) I've actually started enjoying eating fruits and vegetables. Crazy, right?!
7) We are getting ready to go on vacation to the Caribbean in a week. I'm actually planning on packing workout clothes and shoes! Something I never would have done before!!!
8) When we bought tickets for the plane, we bought first class seats, because I was afraid my size 22W butt wouldn't fit into a regular airline seat. While I might fit into that regular seat now, I will enjoy all of the extra room in first class that much more. :)
Happy Weekend, and Spark on, people!