Friday, March 02, 2012
Mary Southerland's advice Friend to Friend (end)
11. Don't worry about things you cannot change or do anything about. Accept them and move on.
12. Read more and dust less.
13. Spend more time with your family and friends and less time working.
14. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. Recognize these moments now and cherish them.
15. Do not "save" anything. Use your good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the next blossom of flowers you see.
16. Wear your best outfit to the market.
17. Don't save your good perfume for only special occasions. Use it even if you are going shopping or just to the bank.
18. "Someday" and "one of these days" should vanish from your vocabulary. If it is worth seeing or hearing or doing, go and see or hear or do it now.
From Jonnie: I do a lot of these now--try to do whatever I can to enjoy every day. I only wish I had begun earlier, in my younger years. In those days I put too much value on things--the good china was for special occasions (the kids would just break it). Now I drink my wine from my crystal wine glasses, and my morning coffee from a china cup (and they cost 3 times as much now to replace, but somehow it just tastes better), and when the grandkids are here for Thanksgiving or just Sunday dinner, we all eat off the china and crystal. We're all special--everyday!