Monday, February 27, 2012
I want and need to get healthy, fit, and lose 100 lbs. I will do this by:
1. Drinking Water - a minimum of 8 glasses each day... more is better.
2. Controlling my eating - by:
------a) increasing fresh fruits and veggies
------b) decreasing junk foods like cookies, chips, candy, and processed stuff
------c) making smarter food choices (100% whole grains over those that aren't, baked over fried, dark chocolate over milk chocolate, unprocessed over processed, fresh over cooked (when this applies) lower fat over full fat (in some foods) real foods over fake foods (like real butter over fake butter) and organic when I can... etc.....
------d) limiting the portions I eat of everything!!! I can eat so much at one sitting! I am going to learn to stick with one serving.
------e) keeping track of all I eat and drink. (this includes nutritional tracking) It's so easy for me to underestimate or mindlessly eat something and then forget it.
------f) eating a bit of dark chocolate every day.... because I love it and I can. :)
------g) drinking my coffee in the mornings without guilt... I love my coffee and it's something I like to enjoy daily, like chocolate. :) So I will allow myself this small indulgence, too.
3. Exercising - doing anything every day. I want to be active in my "old age" so I must start being active NOW or it simply ain't gonna happen.
4. Practicing Positive Self-Talk - I am the world's worst at negative self-talk... but I'm making a conscience effort to stop it. When I find myself wanting to put myself down... I will lift myself up.
5. Searching for Positive Motivation - from family, SparkPeople, Sparkfriends, quotes, sayings, posters, music, clothes I'd love to wear, favorite vacation destinations, sunshine, whatever gets me and keeps me motivated to be the best ME.
6. Increasing my Spiritual Motivation - my relationship with God always keeps my heart in the right place... and all things in proper perspective.
7. Choosing Happiness - in all things... even during trials, burdens, setbacks, fat days and rainy days... as well as during successes, accomplishments, skinny days, and days of sunshine. Happiness is an attitude and a choice.
8. Allowing Myself to make a few mistakes - I'm normally not very forgiving of myself when I mess up. I know mistakes will happen... and I know it's not the end of the world if I realize this and get over it... pick up... carry on... right then and skip the past mandatory self-punishment.
9. Not setting a time limit - I gained all this weight over many many years (up and down, up and down... never reached a goal, though) ... I'd love to lose it all in a short time, but I know that's not realistic for me... if this takes a year, that will be fabulous, but if it takes 2, then so be it... my health is worth the time.
10. Adhering to Unwavering Determination and Commitment - I will have to re-commit on a daily basis... perhaps sometimes on an hourly basis... but I will do this. I will not give up, give in or let fat get the best of me (as I have already for so many years)
So there it is... My overall plan to get healthy and lose 100 lbs. all spelled out in 10 easy to follow (just go with me here) steps.
I realize that steps 1, 2, & 3 are the ones that will actually get me thinner and healthy... Steps 4 - 10 will help keep me on track. Don't think I can do the basic 3 without all the rest. I have tried in the past.... and staying on track is a problem I had.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I'm feeling thinner already!