Monday, February 27, 2012
(I am using my blog to track my 100 day challenge results for my spark team "The Power of P!nk!" The most recent day is on top if you want to check out my progress but you don't want to read the whole thing)
Each Day Award Yourself With The Appropriate Emoticons for completing the task!
1. Stay within your calorie/ nutritional targets daily
2. Exercise for at least 20 minutes daily
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
4. Learn 1 new thing about nutrition/exercise and share it.
5. Listen to a P!NK song and/or write in your 100 day journey
Walnuts are simply wonderful. They’re tasty, affordable and healthy. They’re full of antioxidants, vitamin E and have been shown to help in the digestion of fats. A serving of walnuts (about 1/3 cup) can provide you with about 10% of your daily protein AND fiber needs. Although walnuts are high in fat, these are healthy fats. A 1/3 cup serving clocks in at 180-200 calories, yet a recent study showed that walnut consumption does not cause weight gain.
There is epidemiological evidence that drinking green tea and black tea may help prevent diabetes, although it is worth noting that this is evidence of an association, and that future studies are needed to confirm the effect.