This journey started in Sept. 2010 and has continued on into 2012 but with positive results that have affected my life and my outlook on life. There are times you need to stop and reflect upon your accomplishments and how they have positively affected your life. I have very little extra time in my life but I still find it important to share my reasons for celebrating the 70 reasons because I have lost 70 pounds in the past year and 5 months. This may be lengthy but most likely a well worth read for those seeking motivation on their healthier lifestyle living.
1. My self-esteem has increased.
2. My outlook about myself has improved.
3. My daughters saying ďMom you look good in those jeansĒ
4. I can find sexy, cuter clothes to fit my new body.
5. I am finding the real Bombchell the one I knew was in there.
6. I feel sexier!!!
7. I find that cute boots fit better because my calves arenít so wide!
8. I have more energy overall.
9. I know that I will find the strength to walk at least 1 mile every day, no matter how tired.
10. I can walk every day for a year.
11. I know itís okay to modify my exercise time as long as there is still some every day.
12. Setting goals and blogging about them help keep me accountable.
13. Setting up small goals is the way to go.
14. Post your accomplishments it may inspire someone else.
15. When drinking 8 glasses of water a day you locate all restrooms wherever you are! LOL
16. Friendships on Spark are so awesome, inspiring, and encouraging!
17. I find myself looking for new ways to exercise.
18. I can rely on my family to be supportive.
19. I can walk up flights of stairs without being winded.
20. I can fit into roller coaster rides easier and have fun doing it!
21. I never worry about getting stuck in a chair anymore.
22. Donating clothes too big is a great feeling.
23. Realizing I am smaller is just wonderful.
24. Becoming healthier overall is just exciting.
25. I had fun playing twister with my girls.
26. Sex is more fun now.
27. I can find cute nighties for my husband to share with me.
28. I love the look of pride within his eyes when people comment on my weight loss.
29. My daughter bought me a size 16 Apple Bottom jeans that look great on me.
30. I can try on medium tops and fit in them comfortable! Good bye extra- large or 2 x shirts.
31. I am looking forward to a smaller swimsuit this summer.
32. My wedding ring needs to be re-sized because of my weight loss.
33. I found that I can set small goals and accomplish them even if I am past the deadline I set.
34. I found that I can walk 8 miles in 2 hours and be proud of that.
35. I am so looking forward to using my new bike this spring and summer.
36. I have accomplished several small goals which encourages me to continue to try.
37. I look forward to exercising every day.
38. Posting pictures of my weight loss can be motivating.
39. I find myself sharing Spark and how it has made a difference within my life.
40. I look forward to warmer weather to spend it outdoors exercising.
41. I am planning on swimming a lot this summer in my pond, excellent exercise.
42. I have continued working towards my Masterís degree throughout this healthier journey.
43. When walking outside I enjoy the beauty surrounding me.
44. I donít mind parking further away from the door anywhere, extra steps help my heart.
45. I see the changes in myself through otherís eyes, as they realize I have lost weight.
46. I canít wait to enjoy driving my 1979 Corvette! Positive the seat will fit better now!
47. I can look at myself in the mirror and honestly smile.
48. My zest for life has increased!
49. I am hoping to take my family to Kalahari this summer and having fun in the water.
50. My average for walking has slowed down but it has not stopped, I must make accommodations for life because it gets in my way.
51. I may hit plateaus but I continue to exercise and eventually I push through them.
52. I completed my very first 5K walk and will continue that tradition every year.
53. I am not failing but just succeeding slowly!
54. I have time to be successful, either way it is healthier.
55. I have to admit I love fresh fruits, we are friends.
56. My vegetables always find my plate and then sometimes twice!
57. I am motivated to be all that I can be.
58. I understand that I really will write that book, which is swimming around in my mind!
59. I enjoy walking with Blizzard my dog.
60. I find encouragement in other Sparkies blogs!
61. I keep looking for the calorie counter for making love, shoot itís not here yet! LOL
62. I am confident that success is in my future.
63. I am no longer considered morbidly obese but instead only overweight!
64. I continue to strive to exercise and count Calories because it keeps me focused.
65. My best friend has watched me slowly lose the weight and her journey has started. Way to go Carecows!
66. My husband has started making lovely comments and taking notice of how much smaller I am overall. Yes! Air pump!
67. Exercise clothes are getting smaller.
68. I am colder this winter because I donít have excess body fat like years prior.
69. I find strength in myself when I donít think there is anymore and so I go exercise.
70. My outlook on life has changed for the better!
Whew that was quite the list of reflections and reasons to celebrate my weight loss of 70 pounds. I realize this blog is long but for those that read it thank you. Remember to reflect upon your accomplishments because it will make the difference. I have found an inner strength that I was unaware of along with so much more. I have found friends that are engaging, funny, wonderful supporters, and so much more. I hope that I encouraged or inspired at least one person with my 70 reasons to celebrate.