Saturday, February 25, 2012
Wow, there was an article talking about how size of players makes a difference on the rugby field...which is why I play! In high school, I never played a sport because I wasn't tiny and athletic naturally. I would never fit in with the girls playing lacrosse or running track, so I stuck to indoor activities. Then I got to college, and I started playing rugby...where there is a position on the field for someone of every size. I play flanker, because I'm big enough to not get crushed and still small enough to peel away from the scrum quickly. Here's a picture of the team. www.purdue.edu/recsports
There's a great one of me running through a tackle with the ball (I have pink hair, I'm easy to spot.) Now, thanks to rugby, I'm proud of what my body does for me and I'm happy with the size and shape it is and always will be - I just want to be as fit as possible. I'm always going to be 'big boned', but if it means I can do THAT on the pitch...that's just fine. Now I have people call me an athlete, and I've actually just started to believe that it's true.
Anyway, this week hasn't been great because I have been stressed out and really missing my boyfriend. However, this has been proof that my diet can withstand difficulties.
This week, I:
- Avoided stress eating, even though I thought about it sometimes.
- Got rid of all the unhealthy snacks I had around from Valentine's day and Girl Scout cookie sales.
- Increased my running distance.
- Didn't eat (or drink) a lot of calories when going out with friends.
- Saved up money for my trip to Germany and applied for my new passport.
Overall, pretty successful for a cruddy emotional week.