Friday, February 24, 2012
For my Challenge of Harry Potter group I am going to write about my excuses that I tell myself everyday to not possibly do something.
1. I can't walk the dog today because it is raining, too cold, I woke up late etc. I really do enjoy walking my dog once I get started it is just hard to sometimes do it. If I don't do it then the dog starts chewing things or just getting into everything. So that helps convince me to get the morning walk in daily no matter what the weather or how I feel.
2. I don't feel like cooking tonight. The excuse I use to eat unhealthy. To eat something processed instead of just taking the time to prepare a meal. I then regret the fact that I ate the food that I did instead of just taking the time to cook a meal or make a salad.
3. I don't like that. This is mostly for food. I am a picky eater so I will say this quite often when my son wants me to eat something that I don't like the look or smell of and I have never tried.
4. I can't do that. Why I don't do certain exercises or classes. Fear of also hurting myself.
5. I will look foolish. Why I don't go to certain classes at the Y. Everyone is in better shape then me and does a better job at the exercises.
6. My son is on the Wii/TV and I can't do my Zumba or exercises. Why I don't do my cardio or as much cardio as I would like to.
7. I don't have time. Why I can't exercise or prepare a meal.
My counter to these excuses:
1. Once you get started you will be energized and Samantha won't be so grumpy or into everything. You both will be healthier and more relaxed the rest of the day.
2. Take the meat out that you want to have that night for dinner. The mess is worth the healthier food. Do easy one pot meals from Spark People. Make a salad while the other food is cooking/ being prepared.
3. This is my hardest excuse. I have never really given seafood the chance. For some reason it just grosses me out. I have tried crab cakes and I didn't care for the ones I tried there was no flavor. My son has talked to me about what to try. When I go out for dinner with my father he always gets some sort of seafood. I am planning to try some of his. I will also buy some fresh seafood and have my son help me cook it. This will expand my choices of
4. Once I try the move I realize I can do it just not at the best yet. It will take time and patience to achieve the move as well as the instructor. I also know my limits and will stop when it doesn't feel good.
5. Everyone looks foolish. Stop being so critical on yourself. Not everyone in this class was like this from the start. Some have worked for it and so can you!!
6. Just ask him nicely to stop so that you can get your cardio in. He will be up later then you and can continue playing or watch the show another time.
7. Change my schedule around so that I can exercise. Do some strength at work while copying, faxing or even when you go to the bathroom. I don't need to have weights all the time.
So those are my excuses that I use most frequently and how I am over coming them. I keep telling myself I can do this.
WE CAN ALL DO IT!!