Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Okey doke, Lent is here...another reason to form healthy habits. I'm pretty sure that's not what God intended, but I also think he'd be okay with me making better choices for myself over the next 40 days.
Starting with the health-related tasks:
1. First things first - I will drink more water. I should be consuming about 150 ounces of liquids a day (water, milk, decaf tea, 100% juice, etc.), but I know I'm not getting anywhere near that much. Yesterday, I had to have blood drawn and it was coming out painfully slow, which, along with my dry face and hands, tells me I need to step up my water intake in a big way. I filled a big pitcher of water today (about 128 ounces), so I'll be using that to make my tea, Crystal Light, etc. I will also be staying close to the bathroom today.
2. My second goal is to add 20 minutes of cardio a day - not including walking the dog. Elvis gets a walk at least 5 days a week, but it's not really a cardio workout for me, so I have to add some other activity. 20 minutes shouldn't be too difficult. :)
3. Third task is to give up candy and chips. I'm an addict and just can't bring that stuff into my house. I do great when I'm at work, I don't really eat in the car much anymore, but at home I will eat it if it's around, so no more. It's really throwing a wrench into my weight loss efforts.
Okay, time for some non-health related goals:
1. Start playing my flute again. I put it down a long time ago and it's time to start playing again. I really miss being in band and playing music! I'm going to start with 10 minutes a day.
2. Commit one "random" act of kindness every day. I guess it won't be random since I'm doing it on purpose, huh?
I'm going to keep a journal to see how I do. See ya in 40 days!