Well, it's a day late (and probably a dollar short), but whatever! I was just too swamped yesterday.
So what did I accomplish last week:
1. I asked for and got help by way of co-leaders for the 2 sparkteams I've been leading since December.
That took some pressure off me because I do care if my teammates are getting inspired, motivated, encouraged, and answered.
2. I survived my oldest son's 16th birthday. He's offficially licensed as of this morning and able to drive alone, but "when" will be another matter. Actually, I think I'll let him take my van to get the tires rotated as his first outing. Yeah, that sounds perfect! He can go to "manland".
3. I hit my goal weight over the weekend. It's funny when I first started SP (and running) I chose a very conservative goal- not sure that I'd make it. As I learned from Spark and running, I quickly realized that I was going to be able to do it this time.
So I changed that first goal to a Real goal- one that could be done and would show a difference. I reached that goal last summer and decided to go for another 5 pounds.
Now that 5 pounds is gone, and I am at a weight I truly never thought I'd see again. Some folks wouldn't be impressed at 145 lbs, but for a curvy gal I feel like I'm right where I need to be (and my doc agrees).
4. I'm ready for my first half marathon on March 4th and looking forward to decreased mileage afterwards. I do think that my body has hung onto a few pounds because I was running so many miles per week.
5. Lastly, I have a plan for Post-Race Day. I will run 4 times/week anwhere from 3-6 miles at a time until the summer heat gets too much. Then I'll bring it inside for a couple of months. I do plan on continuing with half marathons after the summer's heat.
I've trained smart, gotten lucky, and have really enjoyed the motivation the half gives me to keep running.
Thanks for listening, SparkFriends. I always appreciate your comments. What did you do right this past week?