Monday, February 13, 2012
Last week we announced
the addition of "SparkPeople Funnies" with a hint that more changes to the site would be coming soon. Today, I am very happy to announce that on Wednesday, Feb. 15
, we'll be unveiling some upgrades to SparkPeople's newsletters! These changes affect our daily newsletter, which many of you subscribe to. In an effort to optimize the newsletters we send out and reduce the amount of email members receive, here's a rundown of what's coming:
Newsletters That Will Be Discontinued
Beginning Wednesday, we will discontinue the following daily newsletters.
Newsletters Getting a Facelift
- Food Showdown. Instead of sending it in a daily email, we're giving Food Showdown a new home on dailySpark.com each weekend, and we'll also feature the Food Showdown in The Weekly Spark (subscribe here).
- Family Health and Wellness. You can continue to find great family and kids content on dailySpark.com (subscribe to the dailySpark digest here) and in our Healthy Kids and Families Lifestyle Center.
- Healthy Reflections (Quote of the Day). But don't worry. While this will no longer be a stand-alone newsletter, the Quote of the Day will be incorporated into our Best of SparkPeople daily newsletter (subscribe here).
- Best of SparkPeople (daily). We're expanding this newsletter to include a daily feature, a Motivational Quote of the Day, SparkPeople Funnies, and top blog posts from dailySpark.com bloggers and members!
- Recipe of the Day. This title has been totally redesigned to feature our best recipes and Chef Meg's cooking videos along with cooking tips and food blogs.
- Exercise of the Day. We're redesigned our fitness email to feature exercises and Coach Nicole's workout videos, plus member fitness tips, a daily workout song to get you moving and more!
Remember that you can still earn SparkPoints for reading email newsletters—and the stories within them. It's a great way to keep your goals in mind each day and get more insightful tips for your health journey. To edit your email subscription settings any time, go to your Start page (under the My Trackers tab) and then click on Account/Email Preferences
near the top left of the page.
We can't wait to hear what you think about our new, revamped email newsletters that start this Wednesday!