The lessons you learn
Monday, February 13, 2012
I have lost around 60 pounds...I have been plataeued (sp?) for a while...then i go and break.....yes, break....not sprain....my right ankle....the one you need for everything...driving, especially. I was just really getting into exercising, too.
No, I did not break it exercising....just going down the steps to the garage...and I rolled it...."ouch" is an understatement!!! Now, I feel useless and helpless. I do a lot in my day....and I HATE this....I am NOT a good patient. I am already trying to walk without crutches. So, my lessons:
1. Look where you are going
2. Do not allow an excess of joi de vivre keep you from looking where you are going
3. Never take steps (or stairs) for granted
4. Never take your arm strength (crutches) for granted
5. Never assume you have abs after not working them for years (crutches)
6. Never attempt to drive with a broken ankle
7. never attempt to drive while crying profusely over a broken ankle
8. your kid will be fine staying home from school that day because you just broke your ankle
9. Never be afraid to ask for help when you are crying over your broken ankle (I drove the kid to school and DEBATED having him go in and get me help...then drove home alone)
10. NEVER assume you are invincible!
I was stupid for trying to be Superwoman....I could have hurt someone because I couldn't move my ankle properly. Luckily, I live in the country and there was no one else around as I played out this stupid endeavor of driving my son to school. :(