No real fire but I did scare everyone in the house--again !
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Last time it was the oven and some wet towels I left there to soak off some burned on foods. turned on the oven to cook something, forgetting that the 2 wet dish towels were there.
This time I used the microwave to sterilize a small pot of soil before planting seeds. There must have been something combustible in the soil--maybe part of an old plant.
DH was in his bed ( a hospital bed because he can't move his right side). He was scared to death. His male aide was just finishing up putting him to bed. I looked around quickly and could not find the problem. Smell but no smoke or flames. I took care of DH and sent the aide around to find the problem. I just set up DH's wheelchair and got him situated to make a quick transfer if we needed to. After we found the problem, the aide said he would have picked hubby up an d carried him out! We call the aide Lurch because he is very strong and tall but not too bright. I was very glad I wasn't alone.
I gotta stop doing these things! I did sterilize 2 smaller pots of soil with no problem. this was one pot but larger.