Thursday, February 02, 2012
My foot was feeling a little better so I decided to head to Thursday's Tabata class today. Here is what we did......
- Steps ups with a Squat: This was a great place to start in the class. Basically you were squatting the whole time jumping back and forth across the step.
- Burpees with the Bosu Ball: Burpees are tough as it is but adding in the bosu ball really brings it up a notch. I picked up my bosu ball when I would jump up from the push up and lifted it over my head for a little shoulder action!
- Football Running with High Knees: I was not coordinated to look good doing this. You were supposed to fast run side to side with every third step you would add a knee up. I looked retarded and could not get it down so I just ran in place adding high knees every third step. Moving confused me too much.
- Side Kicks: Easy and no jumping! These were standing in place and kicking as fast as you can to the side trying to aim for hip length. Easy because there was no jumping but man, I was still dripping with sweat!
- Jumping Jacks with an added Star Jump: Glad I saved these for the last one but my foot was pretty sore towards the end so I didn't jump as fast as I would normally go. But every second or third jack was a star jump getting as high off the ground as you can.
Stretch and rest......... Ahhh, such a great feeling to be done!
I finished up my workout up in the weight room to work on my arms, shoulders, and chest. I did:
(3 sets of each exercise doing 10-12 reps)
Overhead Tricep Press - 35 pound bar
Bicep Curls - 35 pound bar
Chest Press using the TRX
Rows - 25 pound dumbbell
Shoulder Press - 20 pound dumbbell
Lateral Raise - 12 pound dumbbell but then moved to 10 pounds
Great workout today! Now I need to hydrate and fuel up. What workout did you do today?