I swiped my title from Jerome Merlau who is a "Daily Spark" blogger.
His top 3 success factors are in a blog from earlier in the week. My adaptation for the month of February:
1. Track Nutrition on Spark Tracker
2. Track Fitness on Spark Tracker
3. Do It Every Day
1. Which of the following ground beef products tends to be the LEANEST?
~ Ahhhh. I have been doing it right.
2. According to research studies, which of the following strategies could help you burn more calories than the other?
Strength training before running
Running before strength training
~I am not a runner so I looked it up. My first guess was right - the second answer is right.
3. Which of the following statements about monounsaturated fatty acids is true?
They are liquid at room temperature
They increase your cholesterol
They're found in coconut oil
I double checked my answer because I have been hearing coconut oil tauted.
The spark explanation:
"Monounsaturated fatty acids are liquid at room temperature; decrease total blood cholesterol but maintain your HDL (healthy) cholesterol. Sources include: certain oils and margarines (canola, olive, peanut, sesame), avocado, nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia, pecans, peanuts, pistachios), peanut butter, olives, sesame seeds, tahini paste. "
From that list, I have in my pantry:
sesame oil [refrigerate]
peanuts [DH eats]
pistachios [ small quantity]
Peanut butter [DH eats]