Revisiting the January Goals - let's see how it went...
Theme for the month (and part of my 100 day challenge goals):
Focus on the positive rather than the negative
I have been consciously thinking about how I should frame things in a more positive manner and have been attempting to do so on a regular basis so giving myself a check for meeting this overall goal ( and need to continue this for...well probably forever! : )
1. Clean the system: NO NO NO chocolates or other sugar type treats!!!
Yup! Been good here!
2. Positive thoughts and self-talk daily -first, each morning @ weigh in and later, before bed regarding ability to succeed and change.
Not necessarily happening at these specific times, as planned, but rather as the opportunity presents itself.
3. Exercise on a regular basis: Attend @ least 1 exercise class per day (with an allowance of 1 day off per week)
Have attended at least 1 class EVERY SINGLE DAY! Oh yeah!
3. Eat within healthy ranges - carbs/proteins/fats daily.
Been good here, too! (Eye on the prize in Biggest Loser contest @ the gym)
4. H2O @ least 40 oz. daily (5 x 8oz)
Yes, I drink like crazy during Zumba & Spin
5. In bed by 12:30am (well...it's almost 1:30 right now, so I guess that one starts tomorrow)
Half check - some days are better than others...
6. Track food / Spark/ Blog @ least 3X/week
2/3's of a check - Sparking & blogging - not tracking, but I've been good - I know because I eat the same type of healthy stuff daily
7. Walk w/dogs @ least 3X/wk
Yes, it's been relaxing & good exercise!
8. Participate in 3 Motivational Challenges in a committed manner:
*Biggest Loser challenge @ gym
* 100 Day Challenge @ SP ( Thanks, Susie!!)
* Watch Me Shrink Challenge & be diligent w/my pictures for accountability
...haven't kept up w/pics for WMS challenge.
9. Organize closet & dresser
10. Read 1 book
Started...someone gave me one of Chelsea Handler's books -it's pretty funny, but I'm only on chapter 1 - I tend to read the newspaper, mag.s, stuff online...not very many books.
11. Do core exercises 3x/week
I do an AB class 2xs a week and do abs in Body Pump, too.
According to the scale used for the Biggest Loser contest, I lost 13.5 lbs. in Jan. - 'course that scale had me @ 130 in the beginning, which seemed high. On the scale at home, I weighed in at 112 this morning. I have a new - more reliable scale - pics coming.
So ...feeling good about Jan.
Here's hoping we all have a great Feb., too!
Take care all : )