Officially I joined SP Jan 17th of 2011, but I didn't start sparking until Feb 1st, so here's to ONE YEAR! I definitely disappeared for a few months, particularly around the holidays-ish until now, and I've had a few fake comebacks that I'm not proud of, but I'm very hopeful this time! Here's why:
1. Nothing happens without Spark! The combination of awesome people, wonderful inspiration from blogs and you guys, and tracking food and exercise...there's nothing like it! And I am SO much healthier than I was a year ago! I still have a long way to go though, I'm not totally satisfied yet.
2. I just got a gym buddy here! At least for a couple days out of the week. (and possibly 2 more gym buddies too!)
3. There's a lot of outdoor activities that I haven't taken full advantage of here in Hawaii--snorkeling, swimming, hiking, kayaking, etc. And I can't wait to do them!
4. I gained 7 pounds since moving here only 6months ago. I was 3 pounds away from my halfway mark, and then I just stopped tracking after I moved. So now I'm 10 pounds away from my halfway goal, and I haven't worked out since the end of November.
5. And last small motivation--my old roommate is getting married this summer! I'm not in the wedding, but I would love to go back home to Chicago with a healthier (yes, slimmer) version of me.
Sooooo I'm back! And I'm so proud and inspired by you guys who have been sparking and getting healthy! I'm seriously so impressed.
It's been an interesting year looking back on it all...the first six months were the easiest, and these last six have not been so good. But overall I lost 25 pounds last year (all in the first half of the year), and I'm looking forward to the next 25. No--more than 25!!!
I can do this.
For myself, my health, my happiness, and my life. I want this. I WANT THIS. I'M GONNA DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS. Welcome to my 2nd year of SP 2012.