I am feeling pretty proud of myself today. I successfully completed the 30-Day Shred! No small feat when that meant getting up at 5:00am everyday! It was a struggle for me physically, but I did it... Yahoo!
I didn't lose any weight this month, which is a bit disappointing (I mean, it IS called the 30-Day "Shred", right?) I'm pretty sure all I shredded were a few extra hours of sleep, which I will try to make up for in February! I know, muscle weighs more than fat, blah blah blah... And I'm sure I did gain some muscle, but believe me, I've got plenty of extra FAT pounds on this little body that need to come off. I'll continue to work on it. I took measurements January 1st and will re-measure tomorrow morning. I actually can't wait - My mid-section does feel a little slimmer! We'll see...
January Goal Results:
- Floss daily: CHECK!
- Complete 30-Day Shred: CHECK!
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily: I think I fell short 4 days (not bad, out of 31!)
- Stay under 25 grams of sugar 5 out of 7 days a week: I went over a couple of extra days, but not by much and less than 25 grams is difficult (sugar is in EVERYTHING)! So in my eyes, I rocked it!
Tomorrow is a new month and a new set of goals, and I am looking forward to a challenge!
- Floss daily
- Drink 8 glasses of water each day
- Take a spinning class at my gym 2 times a week
- Run 2 times a week
- Track and stay within my calorie range 5 out of 7 days a week (allow myself a little freedom the other 2 days)
Heading to Tahoe this weekend, where we've rented a 6-bedroom house on 80 acres with some friends! I'm ready to have some fun in the snow, relax, enjoy Super Bowl Sunday and NOT wake up at 5am... And you bet I will be packing my running shoes!