Well my legs are definitely feeling it today. Yesterday was weight lifting day for legs and I killed them. We did:
- Step ups on a bench (with 7 risers) holding 20 pound dumbbells in each hand
- Deadlift using a 65 pound bar
- Calf raises holding 20 pound dumbbell
- Hamstring rollout using the stability ball (Body is lifted into a half bridge)
- Inner thigh ball squeeze using the stability ball
- Outer thigh leg stretch using the band
- Lunges around the track holding a 20 pound weight
Each exercise was completed 3 times doing at least 10-15 reps.
We finished the workout by completing lots and lots of stretching!
When I got home from work I talked hubby into going on a walk with me. We have been dealing with so much lately with his dad that it was nice to get out in the fresh air and talk. We ended up going 5 miles. By the time we got home my legs were tired.
I woke up this morning to very sore hamstrings and glutes. But that didn't stop me from going to my Tuesday Tabata class and Core Conditioning.
Today in class we did:
- Skip jumps: back leg would go back and then you would jump up as high as you can.
- 5 points: Let me see if I can explain this one. Basically it was like the dots on a dice. The first two you have your legs wide, put them together at the middle dot, and then wide legs again. We did this like a jog in place but had to be dramatic with making sure we were hitting all points and not being sloppy. Took lots of concentration!
- Lunge jumps: I did most of these with perfect form lunges but by the 5th set or so, my legs were shot. (Remember how I mentioned that I did legs yesterday......) The last few sets I did a skiing lunge move but tried to move as fast as I could possibly go.
- Up downs on a step: This move we had the step between our feet and you would go up / down as fast as you could go.
- Jump rope: Simple move but after so much jumping already my legs were tired and worn out. I still jumped as fast and as hard as I could go. Dripping with sweat and thankful that the workout was almost done.
Cool down a little and then it was onto a 30 minute session of core conditioning. The trainer had us doing a lot of things with legs today. And my planks looked horrible but I made it through the full class.
Ahhhhh....... REST! And...... water!
What did you accomplish today?