Today I am going to do something that I don't do very often... Come to think of it, I haven't done it in months!
I am going to take a Day for Me.
This should be good.
1. Go eat my favorite Greek yogurt and an orange.
2. Do my morning routine (I mean, we have to be realistic here. I don't want to come home to an unmade bed and a pile of laundry, so I'll make short work of the daily tasks and get them out of the way).
3. Pack up my favorite Hot Pink Nike gym bag - complete with hair dryer and makeup.
4. Pack a couple little snacks and a water bottle or two.
5. Drive to my favorite running place (10 glorious miles of paved bike/walking trails).
6. Spend a good 4 hours with nature... Happy as a lark, tweeting back at the birds if I flippin' feel like it! Walking, running, heck, maybe even stopping on the trail and getting into some Down Dog... Who KNOWS!? :-)
7. FORGET about: School work that I need to do, the dust bunnies under my bed or spider web I spotted on the ceiling in the corner of the living room last night, workout DVDs, work deadlines, or calories.... and just
8. FOCUS on: How stinking GREAT my life is, how HAPPY my Little Boy is, how BLESSED I am to celebrate TWO siblings' birthdays tonight with family, and how AWESOME God is.
9. Take my stinky sweaty self to the closest bath house and get a shower and get dressed!
10. Go spend a crazy evening with my Sweet Brother and Sister and the rest of our family to celebrate the 29 Miraculous Years he has had and the 27 Beautiful Years she has had.
My sweet brother has A-T. You can look it up here: www.atcp.org (I Hope that was right). He "should" have died over 16 years ago... He is alive and KICKIN' and a blessing to us all! In his honor, today, I use my legs to their FULLEST ability.
Love you all, Megon