It's a beautiful day today; the wind is blowing and the pine trees outside are whispering, calling my name. Hey! Don't work...come outside! As much as I would love to, I have a deadline to meet. I'm feeling a little distracted, daydreaming about some of the REALLY fun ways I could be spending time being more active. Here are ten that are just a little out of the ordinary.
31. Learn to Scuba dive - I love, love, love to dive. When I was smaller, and lived by the ocean, it was the ultimate way for me to escape. If you can swim a short distance and pass a dive physical (you can dive at just about any weight) then you can learn to scuba dive. Awesome adventures await! Shipwrecks, reefs, kelp forests, oh my!
32. Hang Glide - I have never done this but fantasize about it constantly. From what I understand, it's a heck of a core workout. I think you need to weigh less than 200 pounds to do this activity!
33. Skydive - This is another one on the bucket list. Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? I don't know...but there must be some reason people are addicted to skydiving!
34. Go Horseback Riding - OK horsey friends, this one is for you. Don't just plod along, instead, focus on your posture, being one with your horse, and working together to create a beautiful picture. For those of you who don't ride, try it sometime. You'll probably end up a little saddlesore but you'll have a whole new appreciation for horses and cowgirls / boys!
35. Ride a Mechanical Bull - This is a dumb, yet fun activity that provides an awesome core workout. A friend of mine has access to one of these things; she rides real bulls too. Yee Haw!
36. Go For a Real Hike, Somewhere New - Lately, almost all of my walking has occurred in the gym, on the treadmill. What a pity! Taking a real hike, going up and down hills and walking on uneven terrain is a much better - and much more enjoyable - way to add activity to your weekend.
37. Go Walk the Beach - Oh how I miss living just a few miles from the beaches of San Diego! If only I could walk the beach again on a regular basis! So, hey - if you are not landlocked, go take a walk on the beach for me. I have to wait until vacation for this one.
38. Go to a Theme Park - Take your best friend and just go. Just the two of you. Ride the rides, walk around, and have a nice lunch. I have to wait a few months for this...sigh. By then, I'll be a few sizes smaller and will fit in the rides comfortably!
39. Go Skiing. I haven't been able to ski this winter because the weather has been way too warm and we have no snow. So, if you live near the slopes, and you have snow, get out there and take a few runs for me! This is a major calorie burning event; it's fun, and you can do it at any size.
40. Go Canoeing or Kayaking. Love me some water sports! I have to wait until late spring / early summer to enjoy this one; it's a fantastic way to spend the day enjoying nature and having fun.
That's all for now! I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a super happy weekend with plenty of activity sprinkled in.
P.S. What have you always wanted to do for fun, that you might not think you can do now? It's not too late to let those dreams go! Feel free to share if you want.