Here were my goals for the 5% Winter Challenge:
1) Maintain a healthy BMI (130-174) by maintaining my goal of 161 lbs.
2) Track fitness daily.
3) Average 70 minutes (or more) of daily cardio and strength training.
4) Track food daily.
5) Eat six or more servings of freggies daily.
6) Drink at least 12 cups of water daily.
7) Satisfy 4-7 recommended levels of: calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, calcium, and sodium daily.
8) Sleep 7-9 hours a night six days a week.
9) Actively participate (6-7 x wk) in Living The Good Life weekly healthy habit challenges.
10) Spend at least 15 minutes daily in the study of Godís word.
11) Do something fun at least three times a week
12) Knit two prayer shawls.
For my next 5% challenge, I will incorporate the above goals into my Fabulous Five goals for Achieving Balance: 1) Faith, 2) Family and Friends, 3) Food, 4) Fitness, and 5) Fun.
Today, I celebrate my SparkFriends! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It means so much to me to know you are an active part of my SparkJourney and living the good life! So many of you bless my SparkPages with your praises, gratitude, and prayer needs. God smiles broadly on you!
Itís so grand when the opportunity comes up where we can break bread with fellow SparkFriends. Yesterday, Savannah (THECRAZYMANGO) and I celebrated the Eve of the Chinese New Year, The Year of the Dragon:
Iíd like to leave my SparkFriends with a health tip from todayís Dr Oz show regarding SLEEP. The more sleep deprived you are, the lousier your metabolism is. Dr Oz says, ĎIf you do nothing else differently but increase your sleep from 7 hours to 8 hours a night, you could lose up to 14 lbs a year.í Hereís four suggestions to help improve your sleep:
1) Set your alarm clock to go to sleep (at least 7.5 hours before you have to get up).
2) Supplement your diet with calcium and magnesium.
3) Tame your tummy with antacids (ie silent reflux may be pulling you out of sleep). Take for 7 days 30 minutes before sleep.
4) Sip a combo tea with valerian root and passion flower
Happy New Year, my friends! Itís never too late to write your goals. A future blog I have in my heart to share reflects how we set God-honoring goals.