Friday, January 20, 2012
Welcome to day 7 of my 7 day challenge to blog everyday for a week....
What I have learned this week-
1. Blogging for 7 days in a row was fun and taught me that I have more to say than I thought about my life!
2. Sometimes snow storms that start out beautiful and fluffy can turn in to snowmageddon events...even in the mild pacific northwest.
3. Ice rain and freezing weather often results in trees falling on power lines and knocking out power to whole communities.
4. I am thankful for a gas stove in my rec room to keep my home warm when the power goes out and cooking on top of this may take a little bit of time but hot tea and soup tastes good when it is freezing outside.
5. One of the most valuable parts of sparkpeople are the people...so thankful for my sparkfriendships I have made here that continue to bless and motivate me to keep coming back, setting goals and keeping my commitment to myself to get healthy.
6. I am dependent on power and the internet and really miss it when it is unavailable to me!
7. Exercising with a beautiful view of snow, ice, children building snowmen, atv's and sleds gong by made the time fly by and also warmed me up on a very cold day!
8. Completing a challenge continues to make me feel good and seeing 7 blogs in a row on my sparkpage is a woohoo moment for me!!!
I do not think I am a blog a day kind of girl and prefer journalling most of my thoughts in private on a daily basis but this challenge was good for me and I learned a lot this week both from journalling and surviving a very big snow storm. I realize that it is important to be prepared for unexpected events and will be making a new emergency preparedness plan for our family taking in to consideration all that I learned as we went through the last few days.
Take care sparkbuddies....Hugs Barb