Saturday, January 14, 2012
I've had my goals in my head for awhile and have been meaning to put them down in black and white but it has been just one more thing I've procrastinated doing. As part of the 5% Winter Challenge we are encouraged to write a daily blog identifying a new habit we want to develop, how we will develop it, ways to keep us on track and how to improve upon them. I am finding this to be one of the more difficult challenges. Why? Because I'm not a blogger! I've been with Spark since July 2011 and have only written 3 blogs. My family, friends and co-workers will tell you I'm the quiet one. I don't say much therefore I don't write much. My daughter even accuses me that I don't talk much on the phone. I'm just not a talker. So...one of the new habits I wish to develop is to write more, open up more, be honest more. Ways to keep on track with it, hmmm. I'm still thinking on that one. Daily blogs are a start. Making a list and blogging on it later is also a start.
For my 2012 goals:
1. 20,000 fitness minutes this year. That is roughly 60 min per day. In my first 6 months on Spark I had 9400 minutes. Not bad but I can push a little harder.
2. Start making appointments for my workouts. If I write them in my calendar book, I'll be able to stick with them better.
3. Run 2-3 half marathons this year.
4. Continue tracking daily and increase my daily water from 8 glasses to 9-10 glasses.
5. Reach my goal by Spring! Work on maintenance and Have Fun!