Thursday, January 12, 2012
So, I have been working on my "shades of grey" philosophy this year. Instead of being totally black and white on eating and exercising, I'm just trying to inch my way towards better. Being in Sparkpeople is one of those things that I feel like is helping me.
I'm not a scale junkie. I actually find it hard to remember to weigh myself in the mornings before I've eaten or put on clothes. But, I finally stepped on the scale yesterday for the first time in a month or so and I was UP THREE POUNDS. Now, I know that could be just an anomaly, but I was really hoping that my somewhat lackadaisical attitude toward working out and eating right (where I'm trying, but not obsessing) would be rewarded with slow and simple weight loss. Apparently, I'm living too much in the "shades of grey" and I need to be a little more black and white.
Here's what I'm proud of:
1) I'm tracking more of the food I eat every day on Sparkpeople.
2) I'm making a concerted effort to go to a spinning class at least three times a week.
3) I'm actually THINKING about spinning all the time, which is a totally new thing for me (to be excited and focused on exercise)
4) The biggest achievement of my resolutions so far: I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK SINCE JANUARY 2nd. (This is why I thought that I'd have lost more weight, since that was adding at least 500 calories to my diet every day.)
Here's where I need some more work:
1) Drinking more water
2) Removing more animal products
3) Making my morning green smoothie EVERY SINGLE DAY
4) Snacking on FRUITS AND VEGGIES, not pretzels and wheat thins
Those four seem doable. I'll keep at it. Tonight is a movie-themed spinning class with my favorite instructor. Can't wait!!!! Here's to burning 600+ calories today!