Thursday, January 12, 2012
Oh so many reasons why this weight loss is necessary...
1. I want to live a long, healthy life. I don't want my prediabetes to become full blown and I certainly don't want heart problems or any other issues that come with obesity. I want to really LIVE.
2. I want to be comfortable in my own skin.
3. I want to be the wife my husband desires physically and a wife who can feel comfortable with her husband in a private setting. I also need to be able to fulfill the duties of the home with enough energy to do a good job. I haven't been that person in a long time. Isn't that who he thought he was marrying?
4. I need to be a good role model for my children. If not their mom, who will show them what a healthy lifestyle is? They need me to be healthy as much as I need them to be healthy.
5. I don't want to think that others think less of me because of my weight. This only leads me to think less of myself also. I want to be proud of who I am.
6. Similar to #5, I want to finally LIKE the girl in the mirror.
7. I want to gain confidence back. Over the last 12 years my spunk and confidence have been lost, giving way to shame and fear. I have recently realized that I don't look in people's eyes when I talk to them. Apparently I am not worthy. I want to feel worthy.
8. I would like to prove to myself and others that I CAN follow through with something that I start. And with that mentality I would love it if my story could inspire and help others.
9. I would like to run. Not for a minute, but really run. Free and fast without needing to stop and walk. I want to complete more 5k races and improve each time. Maybe a 10k. Maybe a Half Marathon. Beyond that? Who knows! The sky's the limit!
10. I want to finally look good! This one seems a little selfish compared to the others but having lived the role of the fat girl for so long... I cannot wait to grab a size 8 off the rack and know it will fit. It's difficult to deal with sometimes when I have to walk past all the clothes I would really like to wear on my way to the fat lady clothing. Wow, I am SO ready for this step...
11. This reason for wanting to lose weight... all the other little reasons. High heels, towel fitting around me, fitting in restaurant booths with no problem, chasing my kids at the park, tying shoes and painting toenails with no breathing issues, only having one chin, not two, enjoying family bike rides, and the list goes on and on...