new year, new activities.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I've never blogged before. It's something that's appealing and I hope that I'm not the only one that reads this. It's the new year, 2012, and I want to do new things, become a new person, and help other people. So. This year, my new year's resolution is to lose the weight that I have yet to lose. That puts me at about 45 lbs (20.41 kg). Having already lost 40 pounds two years ago, I know I'm more than capable of doing it. The difference in my emotional health now should give me the boost I need to make it to the finish line. I want to live a healthy, active, fulfilling life, and that all starts with my choices. So, I choose to be healthy and to view my life as a blank canvas that I can paint it however I choose. These are also new year's resolutions, in case you were wondering.
Okay, aside from all of that great stuff, let's be real. I'm scared. My past haunts me in this new endeavor. I have battled with all kinds of unhealthy eating styles and disordered eating patterns. I'm on a much better track now, but the stress of school seems to throw me into some of my old coping mechanisms. It's important for me to find new things to help with my stress. I hope that through my therapy sessions this semester, I'm able to productively manage my stress without turning to food, or destructive behaviors. Oh, and yes, I go to therapy. Once a week. No, I'm not crazy. I'm a normal human being that deals with normal human things. As a part of my weight loss journey, I've opened myself up to other areas of health, and mental/emotional health was an area that needed work. I strongly encourage anyone to consider therapy. We can all benefit from it.
So, in an effort to clarify my goals for this year, here are the things I would like to work on and maybe even change:
1. weight. I need to lose 45 pounds by...whenever... to achieve a healthy weight.
2. emotional health. I need to be in therapy. I need to uncover issues that I need to deal with. I can be a complete person.
3. food. I need to change my use of food. It's not going to solve my emotional problems. It's not going to make me less lonely. It's not going to solve my self-image issues. It's fuel. It gives my body the necessary nutrition I need to be healthy. I should be giving my body what it deserves and that's good nutrition from good nutritious foods.
4. running. I am a runner. I can run great distances. I want to run greater distances. If I work hard, I can do it. Marathon? Maybe?
Today is January 10, 2012. It is my hope that I remember to blog more often and keep track of these goals. Perhaps that's another goal I need to add to the list...
5. blogging. I need to keep myself accountable to my other four goals by blogging. Perhaps I'll even find a new hobby in it. What's more, maybe I'll even help someone else. That would be wonderful.
Today is a new day and I am a strong, wonderful person. I'm going to attack the day and do something new. What? Eff if I know. I'll figure that one out when I'm done typing and I hit "Post Blog Entry". Which is now. Have a magnificent day, Sparkers. Do something new and wonderful. Until next time... xx