2012- new year, new goals!
Sunday, January 08, 2012
Lose and maintain 35 lbs in 9 months, or about 5 lbs a month- with some wiggle room! My starting point is 160lbs, and I aim to be 155lb by Feb1, 150 lb by Mar 1, 145 by April 1, 140 by May 1, 135 by June 1, 130 by July 1, and 125 by Aug 1 and maintain for Sept!
1)Spark and track food at least 4 days a week
2) keep calories under 1900, carbs under 200g
3) Watch carbs because I know they are my weakness- I love all things C- chocolate, chips, cookies, crackers, croissants, cruellers, candy, - the list goes on and on.
4) Plan my meals ahead of time, and making sure I have healthy snacks so I dont ever get hungry and mindlessly reach for junk
5) Take out starch from at least one meal a day- it has been strange and a little empty to eat protein and veggies without any bread or rice but I just think it will take time to make it a habit.
6)set aside 1 day a week for meal planning and preparation- even making big batches of food to freeze into individual portions for lunches.
7) exercise- 3 days of resistance training which only consists of 5-6 exercises: squats, pushups, planks, lunges and deadlifts, 1 day of yoga, 2 days of at least 15 mins of cardio and 1 day off.
Yay- wish me luck!