Happy Anniversary to me! Thanks to a friend telling me about this site, Sparkpeople has become such an incredible part of my life!
I was only 3 weeks into my healthy lifestyle journey when I started on Sparkpeople. I loved the site immediately and tracked my food and exercise every day for over a year without missing. Between doing that and setting fitness goals, in 9 months I was at my goal size by September 2009. Went from Size 14 to 4.
I never looked back! I just kept doing the things that got me there! Thanks to Sparkpeople, I stopped dieting and learned to live a lifestyle that worked for me and have continued that lifestyle.
It's allowed me to:
1) Run my first Half Marathon 11/09
2) Run my first Full Marathon 2/10
3) Run a total of 10 Half Marathons and 2 Full Marathons since then
4) Compete and place 3rd in a Figure Competition
5) Coach others to complete their first Half Marathon
6) Be a Pacer in Half Marathon races to help others reach their time goals
7) Be featured in 2 National magazines (First for Women July 2011, and Ebony Dec. 2011/Jan. 2012 issue)
8) Meet so many incredible people via Sparkpeople, Facebook and many now in person at races
9) Start an awesome Facebook page called Running Friends From Around the World with now almost 450 people
10) Help my Mom with her nutrition and exercise and now, at almost 71, she is training for her first Half Marathon on 2/12/12.
11) Feel great about wearing a bikini
12) Enjoy shopping
13) Enjoy the empowerment of knowing I'm in control of the foods I eat and they're not in control of me
14) Love ME even more!
These are just a few of the benefits I've experienced. The ones that mean the most to me are those where I can help others.
It amazes me to think that just 3 years ago I was training for a 15k and scared to death. I finished it at an 11:37 minute per mile pace and that was 9.3 miles. Now I'm currently training to run the New Orleans Rock n Roll Marathon on March 4th to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I'll need a 8:23 pace for 26.2 miles! I love seeing progress!
Hubby's and my 21st wedding anniversary is on the 26th of this month. We've decided to make a trip to Miami Beach that weekend where we'll be participating in the ING Miami Full (him) and Half (me) Marathon. It's so awesome to do these things with my husband!
So I wish a Happy Anniversary to all my Spark Friends in the Class of 12/26 - 1/3, 2009! And Happy New Year to everyone! Let's make this a great year!
I feel so blessed and give ALL glory to my Heavenly Father YAHWEH!
Now if you've read any of my previous blogs, you know how much I love adding pictures! So here goes! Some "before" pics and some recent ones!
From New Year's Eve:
Some "Before Pics":
Some pics from the last few weeks of the year:
Me after completing 6 Half Marathons in 7 weeks! We left on a week cruise that afternoon!
This was my best Half Marathon of 2011, I hit a Personal Record and hubby did awesome too! Dec. 4th:
Mom and I on New Year's Eve:
Me and my best friend and husband: