Monday, January 02, 2012
2012: Day 1 – 194.5 lbs
My goals for this year are to write a book and reach my goal weight. Big goals, I know, but absolutely doable if I keep focused on the ultimate prize: accomplishment of goals that truly matter to me.
To write a book, my first short-term goals are:
- read my book on outlining, and
- read or write for one hour per day.
To reach my goal weight, my first short-term goals are:
- work out five times per week, preferably at the gym (to take advantage of my membership and to get out of the house),
- drink 8 cups of non-caffeinated beverages,
- be mindful of portion control,
- eat when hungry, and
- eat as “cleanly” as possible.
To work out regularly, it would be very helpful if I could wake up by 8 am each day.
To do this and not be tired all day, I plan to get to bed by midnight. This may be the most difficult, but also the most necessary if I want to accomplish my larger goals. To facilitate sleep earlier, I plan to finish chores by 11:30pm so that I can have half an hour to relax before bed.
I know that I will not be perfect. I expect that I will fall short on occasion, but failure is not measured in a day. It is measured at the end of the year when goals are met or not. 2011, 2010, and 2009, all difficult years, are behind me. They are over. No more dwelling. Focus on today. Start fresh every tomorrow. You can do it! I know you can.