Monday, January 02, 2012
So, it's 2012 with the usual new resolve to live healthier, be a better person, challenge myself in new ways, etc., etc. I tend not to look back too much in life, but this past year is different for some reason.
Good losses this year were:
- Lost significant pounds through finding the formula that works for me to be healthy and feel great.
- Lost need to say "yes" when I really want to say "no" to a request or demand.
- Lost need to hang onto "stuff" that I hadn't used in years - big yard sale...
- In January, my cat, Reva, suddenly took ill and I had to have her euthanized the same day. I miss her!
- Just about a week ago, my ex-husband, with whom I had a cordial relationship, died without my knowing he was even ill. Not only was it a loss of his extraordinary being but it was sort of a loss of youth to look back at our years together and our friends we had when we were in our 20's and 30's.
And, there was the "almost loss" this fall, when doctors thought I had a cancerous tumor on my kidney for a while and were recommending a kidney removal posthaste. Fortunately, it just turned out to be a genetic deformity that will be "watched" over the next year.
2011 was life in all its usual glory and trials. Mine was no better and certainly no worse than I have read on other Spark blogs.
So, we all press on. Personally, I continue to be optimistic. Whatever happens in 2012, it will be alright. We'll manage, we'll prevail, we'll make peace with our circumstances, we'll make the world better for each other.
Happy New Year!