Sunday, January 01, 2012
2011 was pretty successful for me. I managed to finish the year off weighing in at 229 lbs. That put me at a total loss of 26 lbs. for the year, which I didn't begin trying until June. Yay!
I have been able to wear some of my older clothing that I'd outgrown. My 24s are definitely too big for me. I am most comfortable in a size 20 now, but apparently I didn't spend much time there in the past because I have very few items that are in that size, but that is okay. I do not intend to remain this size long so I will just wear clothing that is a little bit too big for me until I can fit back into size 16s which I have lots of.
December was a very challenging month for me. It's my birthday month, and we had many parties to attend and did a lot of eating out. I am utterly amazed that I managed to maintain my weight for the entire month. Sure a loss would have been nice, but to be able to maintain with all that indulging is remarkable to me and gives me great hope in being able to maintain my lifestyle once I achieve my goal weight.
I am very excited to begin this new year. I don't normally make any new year's resolutions or tend to even set any new goals or anything, but I am going to this year, since my goal setting has been working out rather well for me.
In 2012 I would like to...
1) Lose 50 pounds. This seems realistic based on my current results
2) Be able to fit into a size 16, or smaller again.
3) Keep up with my food tracking daily. This seems to be crucial for me.
4) Exercise daily, even if it's only a brief amount. No excuses!
5) Read through my One Year Daily Bible and attend church as often as possible
6) Continue exceeding water drinking goals daily
7) Complete the Bucs blanket I began 2 years ago to give to my brother.
8) Complete my doggy cross stitch project
9) Read 75 books from my current favorite authors as well as classics and new authors
10) Keep my home clean and organized
11) Try a new healthy dinner recipe once a month
12) Get my planters weeded and kept weed free
These goals should give me a nice plan of action to get my life into the order I wish it to be in. I want to be healthy, both physically and spiritually and keep a nice balance to everything. I also would like my successes to be an encouragement and motivation for my loved ones =)