Sunday, January 01, 2012
This is what we're supposed to do on January 1, right? Make a bunch of promises that we aren't going to keep, but we're feeling empowered or something, so we lie to ourselves?
Except I'm not going to break promises to myself or lie to myself. Not this year.
My health/fitness goals:
1. I will weigh a minimum of 50 pounds less on December 31, 2012 than I do today, January 1, 2012. I'm not going to post my weight here for the world to see, but I know what it is, so I know my goal number.
2. I will log in at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise at least five days per week. Walking the dog doesn't count in this case. I walk the dog for his health and because it's nice to walk him, but he's old and kind of slow, it doesn't really count as a cardio session. January and February will include one weekly Zumba class (1 hr/session). To help with #2, I will utilize my on-demand exercise video options, although I am annoyed with AT&T for dramatically decreasing the number of offerings. I will also utilize my exercise DVD collection, especially that fun cardio dance DVD I rediscovered this week.
3. I will complete the January Jump-Start Challenge. I actually started this on December 27, but I will continue throught the end of January.
4. I will be consistent and honest with my food tracking. It's funny how little things like Hershey's Kisses make it into my mouth, but never in my tracker.
1. I will nurture relationships with people who reciprocate. No longer will I try to be part of someone's life when their actions show they do not wish to be part of mine. I will no longer let men treat me like crap just because they show me any amount of attention.
2. I will make peace with things that happened in the past that have caused me emotional pain, anxiety, and depression for too many years. It's time to move on.
3. I will start dating again...and that is scary.
1. I will have an additional $1200 in my savings account by December 31, 2012.
2. I will get my blog launched to promote my Etsy site and funnel my AdSense revenue into an account that is harder to access (like ING).
I think that's enough for now. I will print these goals and post them someplace where I can see them every day.