780.36 – miles ran
963.54 – miles ran + miles walked
15,809 – fitness minutes
5/2/11 - 13.1 Flying Pig – 2:26:34
- this was after 8 days of throwing up, I was crazy to run, but with God’s help I finished ;)
7/4/11 - 3.1 Americana – 27:48
- set a PR despite the 90+ degree weather
7/9/11 – WEDDING day!! Woo hoo!! Married the greatest man I’ve ever met … and he LOVES me!! – not a fitness achievement, but note-worthy none-the-less.
7/12/11 – ran on the Caribbean Sea (on a cruise ship) – no prs, but it was pretty cool
9/17/11 – USAF 13.1 – 2:05:06:00
- fought through horrible IT Band issues, but I conquered it!
11/24/11 – Turkey Trot (5 mls) – 44:37:00
- set a PR – very proud of myself
I added a lot of cross-training into my fitness routines this year, a lot of biking & strength training. I had a major goal, to look as fit & strong as possible on my wedding day. My arms are not 100% where I want them to be, and I did fall off the intense strength training wagon a bit, but on my wedding day, I think my arms looked AMAZING! They were by far the fittest they have been since I was an underweight middle schooler.
2011 has been a pretty magnificent year. I had a lot of personal dreams come true. I am heading into 2012 with the knowledge that I am stronger than I ever thought that I was. I’m excited to see what I can accomplish. I didn’t achieve the running mileage that I was hoping for, but with wedding planning, the time off for the honeymoon, packing & moving into a new home with my new hubby, and settling into married life, I’m still proud of what I did run.
1. Run 1,000 miles
2. Walk 160 miles
3. Flying Pig ½ - under 2 hrs, 1:58 is the goal
4. Americana – 5K, I plan to run this with my sister who is just starting to run… my goal time will be whatever she chooses
5. USAF ½ - at least 1 min faster than my pig time. If I don’t get under 2 hrs at the Pig, I will do it at the Airforce
6. Marathon training – I plan to run the Disney full marathon in Jan 2013
I plan to live my life to the fullest, to be proud of whom I’ve become, to love myself despite my failings, to wake up every day with the attitude that each day will be better than the day before.
I struggle a lot with self-hatred, ummm, hatred is too strong, self-disrespecting (??). I am harder on myself than I would ever be to anyone else. I am blessed beyond with a husband who tells me every day how much he loves me & how proud I make him. I plan on working on self-love. I’ve come farther than I ever thought I could. In the last 3 ½ years I’ve lost 25lbs, I’ve totally revamped my lifestyle, I’ve become a runner – an honest to God, I’ve ran a marathon runner, incorporating fitness & healthy eating into every day, I’ve found the me I was always looking for. I am actually walking the walk.
2012 is gonna be another fabulous year. I can’t wait to see what it brings.