2012 - GLIMPSES OF WHAT'S TO COME...
Saturday, December 31, 2011
This time of year gets to me thinking about what I've accomplished in the past year, and also about what goals I am going to set for myself in 2012. Not those "January 9 and their over" type of goals, but good healthy life changes, changes that make my proud of who I am.
So, first of all, and this has to come first.....
I AM GOING TO WORK ON LOVING MYSELF MORE.
Actually, this is probably my only goal, all the other stuff that I'll list below will probably fit nicely in this one goal. Is this selfish...you bet it is, 'cause if I don't take care of me...NO ONE WILL. And, when I take really good care of me, everyone benefits.
How am I going to accomplish this, you might ask (or not)?
Well, I'm going take MORE time out of my day to do the things that make me feel like I belong here on this planet, and that I serve a purpose. Yep, simple as that...simple but will it be EASY? This is not the time set aside for me to do the laundry, make the phone calls, pay the bills, do the shopping, make the lunches, cook dinner...oh no, no....this is just the time for me to BE ME. For me to be embraced by the being that is Mary Ann.
For starters, I will commit to the following:
1. getting to at least two yoga classes each week
2 volunteer more than every other week at the soup kitchen (what's another 2 hours on a Monday afternoon)
3. take MORE TIME to get in touch with my spiritual side
4. attend more meetings (ask, if you really want to know)
5. make healthy choices 85% of the time (every freakin' day). So at 1200 calories, that leaves me 180 calories that don't have to be PERFECT.
6. work on the PERFECTIONISM defect, yuck
7. continue with trainer twice a week
8. add a day of strength training on my own (...duh, I know how to do it)
9. commit to cardio 5 times a week
10. try kickboxing (did I really say that?)
11. look myself in the mirror every morning and commit to being the best I can be
12. blog on Spark, at least once a week (to hold myself accountable)
13. oh yeah, get rid of those 25 pounds that have been following me around for the last few years.
14. get into the best shape I can between now and next July so I will be ready to make a difference to the people of Liberia (this is a long story...but my goal is Africa or bust!!!!!
15. do not let fear stop me from doing whatever I want to do
I'm sure I'll think of more to add to this list, but I'd say what I have listed fits nicely into the category of LOVING MYSELF MORE.
The bracelet I've worn for years is inscribed with the following:
May all beings be peaceful
May all beings be happy,
May all beings be safe,
May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature
May all beings be free.
Happy New Year everyone!