Friday, December 30, 2011
Last year I set a list of 18 intentions. I made progress on all of them. Not perfection, but I think I mastered the most important. That of flowing like a river, being true to myself and not apologizing for being who God made me. It was a rough year.
My motto for last year was "Letting Go of the life I planned for me" There is a song that goes with that and it fits. Little did I know when I picked that, or it picked me, May would find me unemployed and July would find me moving. Sept. Would find me moving home and now I'm writing and teaching yoga. How's that for letting go of the life I planned for me and finding the one I really wanted? Even my home makeover efforts in my spare time have my home looking like the home I've always wanted.
So this year I'm setting my intentions again.
The word I've picked for this year is "Unbreakable" and there is a song that goes with that word also.
[Available] Sheila to Michelle
show details Jan 2
In yoga, you set an intention for your day’s practice. I like that word so much that I am using it for all the bright shiny new possibilities. I’m not so jaded that I dispense with new goals/dreams each year, and other times as well.
My 2012 Intentions:
1. I intend to have a daily yoga practice.
2. I intend to be creative wit words, paint, glass, and fabric.
3. I intend to forgive.
4. I intend to strive for balance in my life. (spirituality/work/home/fitnes
5.. I intend to do 46 pushups by Oct 9
6. I intend to run 1,000 miles.
7. I intend to lose 25 pounds without stopping. This means this is going to be a priority.
8. I intend to get at least two tattoos. (one plus the one I didn’t get in 2011)
9. I intend to let negative comments like “you don’t need a tattoo, its…” wash over me like a wave that knocks me off my feet and makes me jump up laughing ready for the next one.
10. I intend to do a monthly budget and work toward my financial goals.
11. I intend to find one person a week and bless them.
12. I intend to attend church.
13. I intend to give, of my time, my talents, and my approval.
14. I intend to write, blog, journal, emails, letters, and not bottle it up inside.
15. I intend to forgive myself when I mess up and forget my intentions.
16. I intend to review my intentions and add to them, review them and change them as the suit the real me as she makes herself known.
17. I intend to attend cross fit two times a week.