Tuesday, December 27, 2011
So 2011 wasn't all I was hoping it would be. I lost 20 pounds between Jan and May but then most of the rest of the year, just bounced a few pounds up and down. Christmas kicked my butt and I have gained some of the weight back now.
On the plus side, I was extremely active this year. I zumba'd, I danced, I kickboxed, I survived bootcamp workouts... but still did not accomplish all I wanted.
I'm not writing this blog to beat myself down about that. I am proud of what I did accomplish. But I have some goals that I want to focus on. And this isnt like new years resolutions because now that Christmas is done, I'm jumping back on track and also amping it up.
So here are a few things I want to do this year...
1. First off, to deal with those holiday pounds, I'm going to take on Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've done the workout here and there, but never for 30 days. That is the goal as far as that goes. See if I can do a full month, everyday. Seeing most of my workout classes dont start again for another 2 weeks, it'll certainly help me keep some activity up also because I can already feel the effects of not working out on my body.
2. I would love to be under 200 pounds again! Preferably by the summer, but knowing my body, that might not be realistic. However, I'm going to do my damn best.
3. Make healthy eating a lifestyle and less of a challenge. This means keeping tempting foods out of sight and out of mind. Also, avoiding eating out... which will help with goal 4, which is not weight related.
4. Pay off my credit card. See, not all mad focus on weight haha. I don't owe a ton, and I've already put a good dent in it. Problem is I usually pay lots off then add it up again. So I have to not use it in order to fully pay it off.
5. Be happier with myself no matter what. I tend to get very down on myself when I mess up on my diet or skip a workout. In the words of my mother "you need to not worry so much". I'm going to try and not beat myself up so much. My fiance has been a big help with this one and we will continue to work on it in the coming year.
Other goals are sure to pop up but these are the main ones. I hope that by posting them up here, not only will I feel more obligated to stick with them, but that my Spark friends will check in and see how I'm doing with them.
Best of luck to everyone with their goals for the coming year also! We can do this!