Thursday, December 22, 2011
I started the 17DD on November 1 not being too sure how successful I would be and only focusing on the first 17 days.
I lost 9lbs on the first cycle but had a lull where no weight was being lost even though my eating was 100% on track. I read thru posts of other 17DD team members and got the encouragement I needed to continue. Each cycle held less weight loss than the one previous but knowing that was common made it okay.
I have lost 14lbs in 51 days on the 17DD. I know I could have done better but I am still happy with my results. I didn't set out to be perfect on this diet just to do my best and be successful.
Towards the end of cycle 3 I wasn't on cycle 3 or cycle 4. I was eating a cookie here, a chocolate there, not having my lemon water, putting sugar in my coffee. The good part is that all my bad eating added up is still way better than it would have been if I wasn't on the 17DD. That doesn't justify the lousy eating but does help me know what I need to change.
After Round 1 there are many options on how to continue. I have chosen to go right back to cycle 1. This will be hard over the holidays and I know I will not be 100% compliant but I am not going to let that stop me. If I went to a different cycle I know I would not be losing anymore weight by the end of the year and that isn't what I want for myself.
What I have learned in round 1:
- having veg for breakfast is a good thing
- egg whites from a carton are not bad
- fruit can be sweet enough on its own
- real lemons taste better than realemon
- having sugar in my coffee makes me want more
- I can make sweets and not eat them but chocolate is my weakness
- my family is also learning how to eat healthy and appreciate it
- green tea during TOM doesn't work for me
- writing down my food helps me stay on track; so does taking photos of it
- eating healthy means food doesn't get bought that doesn't get eaten so even if it costs more to buy nothing is getting tossed
What I need to learn in round 2:
- how to drink 64 ounces of water a day
- exercise is good for me
- how to plan my meals more than a day or so in advance
- to cook some meals in advance so I am not having to spend as much time in the kitchen
I am looking forward to the next 51 days and will be back to post my successes and what I will need to learn for cycle 3. I am excited as to what the future holds!