Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Has it really been two months since I started on SP? Here are the things I've learned so far:
1. I like to exercise. I never thought that that would be something that I would ever say. I look forward to exercise. I actually crave exercise when I miss a day.
2. Eating healthy is a choice I make every time I eat. There is no magic formula, diet, or pill that can make that choice for me. I have to do it, I have to be disciplined, I have to want to make the right choice.
3. I have recognized that I associated having a good time with consuming food. These two things do not correlate to one another. I can do one without the other. I can also recognize when people around me make the same association. This is a big deal, and a huge step toward improving my relationship with food.
4. I am working through a lot of emotional baggage without the help of coping skills that are detrimental to my health i.e. cigarettes & food. This has helped me tremendously. I feel that this is the most important step.
5. I am thankful for SparkPeople! It is wonderful to have an outlet to express the joys and challenges of weight loss. Reading what others are going through, helps me stay motivated on this journey.
It's funny what a difference 2 months can make, or even a day for that matter. All I know is that I'm not going to give up. I know there will be days that I forget the things I've learned, days where I'm lazy, days when I want to hide. I also know that I have the strength to lose this weight and live healthy, because I am already doing it.