Saturday, November 19, 2011
I have to say, I think I found my Spark again. Finally!
It also helps that I got a new elliptical machine that I LOVE.
1. For the last 3 weeks, I've been working out 4 to 5 times per week, steadily increasing time and/or intensity. I haven't lost as much of my cardiovascular fitness as I thought, but my muscles have definitely been sore lately (but I like it!).
I feel GREAT when I work out!! Why did I ever stop??? I've been using the new elliptical (which I LOVE) - for at least 30 minutes or more on cardio days and for at least 10 minutes on strength training days to warm up. It's so quiet and non-wobbly - so much better than the old one! Using Spark Workout Generator for strength training or a Jillian Michaels video for strength/circuit training.
2. I've been doing pretty good making healthy choices for breakfast and lunch and drinking plenty of water...
Not so Spark-tacular:
1. Eating is still a problem. I have a serious portion control issue when it comes to dinner, and late night snacking is no good either. My hubby loves a good late night snack, and it's hard for me to resist too.
What's a girl to do??
1. Drink plenty of water every day.
2. Work on portion control at dinner. I think part of the problem is that I absolutely INHALE dinner. I am a super fast eater, and I blame it on my years in training and having next to no time to eat. Also, I am my mother's daughter - she is a super fast eater too. Must work on slowly and thoroughly enjoying my food instead of inhaling it.
3. Come up with healthy dessert treats that can sub in for late night snacks. I used to never eat sweet stuff after dinner, but now I can't stop. Maybe I'll try picking up some fruit, or more realistically some lowfat/sugar free pudding snacks. That's worked for me in the past.
Bring it on.