Interview & Updated To-Do list!
Friday, November 18, 2011
OK – this week has been crazy but I think I got a lot done and am hoping I can keep it up over the weekend. My assistant is still on Jury duty – got email from her last night – not to expect her back until the 28th – Great!
Biggest News – I had my interview yesterday –for a new job in my home town. I wasn’t really sure I wanted the job, but the more I found out about it – I am now really hoping it will work out – I just feel like I need a change. Not sure it’s the best idea, what with hubby quitting his in the summer, but for now the best I can do it try my best and hope they offer it to me and then decide. The biggest hold up I see now, will be the pay – not sure they can match my current take home pay – I guess they have some deal where it is mandated to put 20% into retirement and I don’t think they can go high enough for me to do that and still bring home what I currently make – and with us going down to one salary – it has to be at least what I currently make. Oh well – nothing to worry about yet – just have to wait and see. But I did get a call today that I was one of the top candidates from yesterday so they are checking my references and then I move on to the 2nd interview!
I have dropped 6.2 pounds from the baby shower weekend – down from 157 on Monday to 150.8 this morning. Hoping I can hold strong this weekend before the big holiday – weekends are always hard for me and hubby and kids want to celebrate that they are off for 9 days so I know I’ll have a few temptations to resist – I’ll keep you posted on how I do.
Here is my updated to-do list
1) Refinance paperwork - done!
2) Hubby ‘s new phone – arrived last night - done
3) BBQ parts – ordered and on the way
4) Dental bill – paid / car registered
5) Son signed up for little league
6) Made Dog apt – even made one for my annual OB-GYN for same day – Dec 2nd!
7) Interview stuff all done!
8) Have date night with hubby all planned for tomorrow!
9) Buy tickets for the December Ballet performance for the family – still need to do
10) Start to wrap the Christmas presents as we get them so it’s not a ton to do as Christmas gets closer!
11) Find my daughter black pants and white shirt for her band concert on 12/15.
12) Still need to contact housekeeper to reschedule Thanksgiving.
13) Need to complete all the paperwork for our passport applications – want to make apt for next week when hubby and kids are off school – still need to do.
14) Need to clean the BBQ.
15) Going to get more Christmas shopping done this weekend!
16) And most importantly – keep eating below 1400 calories and exercising at least 90 minutes per day! Been doing great – 1300 or under Mon-Thurs and almost to my weekly exercise goal.
17) And I want to run outside both Saturday and Sunday if the weather cooperates. If Not I am making a promise to run on the treadmill instead – really don’t like doing that anymore but I will if I have to – I need to get back to running more often!
And that’s the plan – I know I have all the other normal household stuff to do but so does everyone else!
Have a great weekend!