Thursday, November 17, 2011
Last year I wanted a zip up sweatshirt, with a hood, and thumb holes. Of course I couldn't find one, so I decided to use my Christmas gift card to make one, so I bought yarn and appropriate sized DPNs (double pointed needles.)
Tried to find a pattern, but could only find one in 12-24 month size. Thus began the journey to the perfect sweater. www.tricksyknitter.com/p
Started the sweater in December, and restarted it in June. Why? I joined SP 1-17-11 and by June determined that my sweater woule be HUGE!! Restarted it to make a 10 inch smaller finished bust size!!
Found amazing buttons, after digging through a giant bin for at least an hour!!!
Hit some snags along the way. Started the first sleeve, only to decide I needed to change the number of decreases. Started second sleeve and made necessary adjustments. Then had to tear out first sleeve and re-work it. Kinda important that sleeves match!!
Stitches for button band on circular needle. There were 438 stitches!! Almost didn't fit on the needle.
And. . . .
ta da!! Finished product. This morning I finished casting off the stitches from the button band, then had to weave in any loose ends, then it was time for buttons!! I finished sewing on the last button at 10:18 AM!!
Close up view of thumb hole :)
Finished it in time to wear it to Breaking Dawn Part 1, even though I won't be going to see it till next week! Challenge: Complete!!