Friday, November 11, 2011
Alright, people, I need to get the spark back!
I haven't fallen completely off the wagon. I'm still walking, and eating pretty well, but I'm not tracking as much as I should, and I haven't lost a pound in over a month! (I'm kindof amazed that I haven't gained.. but I have a goal to get to here!!)
I'm fumbling for reasons to keep going, and I know there are many. I am considering taking a picture of my back-flab to carry around with me and look at when I am tempted to stray too much (mostly kidding) or with getting a food scale to keep me honest (mostly serious). Back flab. Yuck.
In all honesty, though. I'd like to start a list of pros and cons of living "the spark way:"
- I just feel better when I am keeping track and hitting my calorie/fitness goals.
- It's great to have something to work for every day.
- My relationship is much better when I'm "sparking." I have more patience with my hubs, and feel better about myself which makes me more...um...loving towards him as well.
- More energy and patience with my little guy.
- Hearing people say "you look great" and "you look like you're losing weight" feels sooo good.
- Buying new clothes!
- Combating a family history of high blood pressure/heart disease.
- Feeling like all goals (body and non-body related) are in reach.
- Its harder to cook a healthy meal than order thai! You need to have groceries and stuff.
- It can be annoying to have to log everything I eat (though the tracker on my phone really helps)
Basically, the pros are really really amazing, and the cons are mostly about me being lazy. The cons can all be overcome. I feel so much better on spark. I feel SO much better on spark. I need to make this happen!!
How about you? What are your pros? What words of wisdom do you have to share?