Saturday, November 05, 2011
Well, I talked to the Dr's office again yesterday. They wanted to let me know that my Dr has acknowledged my desire to not start on statin medication. He wants it documented that he disagrees and now that I am off triglyceride med that if I don't take the cholesterol meds (statins) I will see the triglycerides rise and have too high cholesterol.
All I am asking is to give me another 3 months opportunity to continue turning my numbers around. I will admit defeat if it can't be done by exercise and diet alone, however, I don't want to throw in the towel in the first round.
1.5 years ago I did not have high cholesterol, high triglycerides or diabetes. However, I did not continue on a healthy lifestyle path and I spiraled down to the point where I was this past August.
I am feeling very uncomfortable with my decision to disagree with my Dr. but I feel I know my body better that he does. I understand that from his point of view, as a medical professional, he has to advise me based on his knowledge and experience. I am not saying I will not ever go on the meds he wants, I just want to give it a try my way.
I guess I am looking for comments from everyone. Do you think I'm wrong?