Thursday, October 27, 2011
Good morning everyone!
Today I want to talk about a trouble goal. It's really more of thinking out loud. I have a few trouble areas that I want to tackle, but for my first trouble goal I want to deal with what I think is the root of most of my problems.
I feel like I have no time to get anything done. I thought that once I graduated from college and got married that my life would settle down. But I stay busy all the time! I feel like I don't have the time I need to keep my house clean. I feel like I don't have enough time to spend with my husband. And I haven't seen my family in a year or more.
All of this makes me really stressed out and very frustrated. I'm tired most of the time. I feel like all I want to do is rest. I've been waking up 2-3 times a night lately, and then my bum hip will hurt, which makes it even harder to go back to sleep. Some days I have to drag myself to the gym, and some days I am so pooped I just go straight home and try to relax.
I have a strategy to tackle this problem. My plan involves several steps. I complete/work on one step, and then incorporate the next one. The rough draft of my plan is as follows.
1. I need to cut myself a lot of slack. I need to bury the perfectionist in me-that perfectionism has to go. I will not beat myself up anymore (or think myself a failure) when I don't get everything I want or need to get done.
2. Prioritize time with my husband. (When my husband is at home, I can devote more time to him and do other errands/chores while he's at work.)
3. Make it a priority to spend time with my family at the holidays.
4. I am going to create a plan to budget my time better. I will make a list of everything I need to do (and how often to do it). I will cut down on any unnecessary activities that sap my time and energy.
5. I will start incorporating more foods into my diet that will help manage the arthritis in my hip. (I recently read a Spark article that talked about nutrients that help arthritis, like Omega-3's and beta carotene.) More sweet potatoes!!! I also want to keep walking during my breaks at work. That seems to help when I'm having a bad hip day.
6. As far as not sleeping well, I want to work on having consistent sleep hours. That means going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
7. I am going to work on eating foods that will give me more energy, like complex carbohydrates.
8. I am going to plan my meals ahead of time and eat a more substantial breakfast and lunch. This will help me feel better throughout the day.
9. Plan on "me" time every single day. Even if it's just for 5-10 minutes.
10. Keep my exercise plan consistent on the same days during the week.
11. Compliment/talk positive to myself every single day.
12. If I mess up, fall short, or fail in any way, I will get back up and keep on going, no matter what. And I will not beat myself up about it.
I want to conquer this busy/stressed/feel like I have no time issue, and I feel confident that I can demolish it. I have to. I cannot let this lead my life anymore, know what I mean?
Thanks for reading my blog folks! Have an awesome day!