I have turkey on the brain!
Thanksgiving is a little less than a month away, and I am already looking forward to it. I will get a couple of days off from work, and I'll get to spend time with my family. And of course there's the yummy food!
I have a cunning plan...I have decided that as much as I enjoy Thanksgiving food, I do not want it to put a dent in my diet and exercise plan. As far as my exercise, I am going to stay put on my regular schedule.
Here's my plan for cooking on Thanksgiving Day.
1. Make a list of everything I want to cook. (Here I am thinking of making
smaller casserole dishes- that way I won't have a ton of leftovers where I'm
tempted to raid the refrigerator!)
2. Try to find as many Spark recipes as I can for what I want to cook.
3. Then make a list of all the ingredients and food I will need. Here I am going
to work really hard to find healthier options.
4. I want to buy all the ingredients ahead of time, that way I am not running
around at the last minute.
5. Make a game plan of what to prepare and when the preceding few days and
night before. That way, it will be less busy and hectic on Thanksgiving. (And
God help me my feet and back won't ache so bad. Maybe I should get a cushiony
pad to stand on.)
I know it is really early to be thinking about Thanksgiving. But why not plan ahead? I think it will help me to relax more that day and still stay on top of my diet plan without going overboard.