Monday, October 24, 2011
In 15 weeks, I will be in Florida hopefully walking on a beach in shorts (Feb too cold for swimsuits). This will be the 1st vacation the SO and have taken together in 5 years. While I am excited about this, I am dreading the idea of wearing shorts (let alone a swimsuit). I have elevated rationalization into its own art form, while making excuse after excuse for my lack of self control and subsequent weight gain. As my SO puts it, a tornado doesn’t spin as well as I do.
I can’t, however, ignore my painful knees, slightly elevated BP, and tight clothing. I need to start with realistic goals . . . tracking food, scheduling time to exercise, sleep, etc.
With that in mind here is my goal for the next 4 weeks:
Goal #1 October 23rd, 2011 – November 19th, 2011
1. Exercise on a consistent basis – 3+ times a week
2. Use food tracker to aid in making smarter food choices
3. Record initial body measurements
4. Weigh in 1x a week
5. Aim for a weight loss of 5lbs this month
6. Reward consistency and celebrate losses with a pedicure.