My son just rolls his eyes and leaves the room as I watch old episodes of "Lost in Space". It seems that every week, the robot, that compassionate, all knowing collection of circuits and metal, would lash out "Danger Will Robinson".
Personally, I thought he needed protection from Dr. Smith and inept parents, but that is not what this blog is about.
It seems everyday we hear of something that is bad for us. Why don't they (the LIFE police) just come out and say that living is hazardous to our health? Get it over with and stop confusing us with contradictions. Or have they? How about we just list some obvious observations?
1. Never pass up an opportunity to pee. Ever.
2. Success is the best revenge.
3. Never give yourself a haircut when drinking.
4. You'll feel better if you throw up.
5. Don't be an idiot.
6. It's not so bad because it could always be worse.
7. Never wear a hot pink thong under white pants.
8. Life is full of lessons. Lesson is repeated until learned.
9. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
10. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
11. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
12. Call your Mom.
13. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
14. Never fight with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
15. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
16. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
17. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
18. If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
19. Don't judge people by their relatives.
20. It's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end.
21. Mind your own business.
22. Smile when answering the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
23. Take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lime and a shot of tequila.
24. A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
25. Live beneath your means.
The beauty of Spark People is in it's simplicity. No list of complicated do's and don'ts. Spark truly KISS - Keeps It Simple Sweetie. I know, I switched out a word. While I may do stupid things, I am not stupid.
Thank you for your time.