Saturday, October 15, 2011
One of my challenge this week s to eat a healthy breakfast every morning. Well this one is easy for me I make a smoothies for me and sis every morning But for those who don’t EAT breakfast here are some quick and healthy ideas.
1. Peanut Butter Waffle Instead of dousing a whole-grain or bran toaster waffle in syrup, cut the sugar and boost the protein and fiber by spreading it with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. You can also sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of raisins, sesame seeds, or extra peanuts for even more fiber, which helps deliver the meal's nutrients slowly and steadily.
2. Fruit and Cheese balanced, easy-to-assemble make-ahead morning meal: Grab an apple, wrap 1 to 2 ounces of Cheddar in plastic, and toss ¼ cup of fiber- and protein-rich walnuts into a resealable plastic bag.
3. Morning Pizza Take a slice of crusty bread, spread it with 3 tablespoons of low-fat ricotta, and add tomatoes. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil (about 1 teaspoon) and a little salt and pepper. Broiling is optional.
4. Oatmeal, flaxseed, blueberries & almonds. After cooking the oatmeal, add ground flaxseed, frozen blueberries, sliced almonds. You can add a little cinnamon and honey (not a lot) if you’re using the non-instant oatmeal. That’s four power foods, full of fiber and nutrients and protein and good fats, with only a couple of minutes of prep time. And very tasty! I usually have oatmeal with raisin every morning along with my smoothies
5. Cereal "Sundae" bowl of fiber-rich bran flakes (about 1½ cups) with 8 ounces of low-fat milk is nearly the perfect breakfast. Make it portable by replacing the milk with lowfat lemon or vanilla yogurt and mixing it in a to-go container. Increase the fiber and vitamins by adding ¼ cup of nuts or fresh or dried fruit, such as chopped pecans or blueberries.
6. Grapefruit with whole-wheat toast & almond butter. Add a little sugar on top of the grapefruit, and it’s actually pretty good. The almond butter is healthier than peanut-butter, with lots of good protein to fill you up
7. Fantastic Fruit Salad - Serve a chopped fruit salad with a yogurt dip.
8. Spruce up your Toast - Try whole wheat bread or whole grain bread and serve with peanut butter and sliced bananas, raisins (sprinkle a little cinnamon on top), or and a fruit jam (pure, no-sugar added jam is best).
9. Cottage cheese and fruit. Get low-fat cottage cheese. Add any kind of fruit. Apples, citrus, berries
10.Baked Beans. These are high in protein and low in glycemic load, and are a fantastic way to start the day. Have baked beans on whole grain toast for a healthy and filling breakfast. I actually DID THIS FOR A WEEK And it wasn’t bad.
11. A tortilla filled with vegetables, salsa and low-fat shredded cheese
12. whole-wheat sandwich with lean meat and low-fat cheese and as much lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and sweet peppers as you like
i found was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people. -Rodney Dangerfield
I don't exercise at all. If God had wanted me to touch my toes
He would have put them up higher on my body.
A woman goes to the doctor's and says, "Doctor, Doctor, you have to help me. Every time I go to the bathroom, DIMES come out!"
The doctor tells her to relax, go home, rest with her feet up and come back in a week.
A week later the woman returns and says, "Doctor, Doctor, it's gotten worse!
Every time I go to the bathroom, QUARTERS come out!! What's wrong with me?"
Again the doctor tells her to relax, go home, rest with her feet up and come back in a week.
Another week passes and the woman returns and yells, "Doctor, Doctor, I'm still not getting better! Every time I go to the bathroom, HALF-DOLLARS come out! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?!!"
The doctor says, "Relax, Relax,... you're just going through your change!"
Worry is like a rocking chair -- it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere. ~ Dorothy Galyean
Often he who does too much does too little." ~ Italian Proverb
“Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” -Benjamin Franklin
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” -Thomas Edison
have as great week and what is your to go breakfast ?